I read this months ago and it's stayed with me ever since. Thought I'd share it with you...it's a great way to ALWAYS count your blessings. :o) Love you all! Oh, and I promise I won't start posting all kinds of email junk. Just really thought we could use this one!
I am thankful…
...For the teenager who is complaining about doing dishes because it means she is at home, not on the streets.
...For the taxes I pay, because it means that I am employed.
...For the mess to clean after a party, because it means I have been surrounded by friends.
...For the clothes that fit a little too snuggly, because it means I have enough food to eat.
...For a lawn that needs mowing, a house that needs cleaning and dishes that need to be washed, because it means I have a home.
...For all the complaining I hear about the government, because it means we have freedom of speech.
...For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means I have transportation and am capable of walking.
...For the lady in church who sings behind me off key, because it means I can hear.
...For the pile of laundry and ironing, because it means I have clothes to wear.
...For weariness and sore muscles at the end of the day, because it means I have been capable of working hard.
...For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours, because it means I am alive.
I've found that I can use this reasoning in almost any situation!
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment